The GMRENCEN has a number of parking garages for tenants and visitors. Whether you’re coming to spend a day on the Riverwalk, visiting the GM Showroom or taking the Detroit People Mover to a game, we’ve got your parking covered.
If you’re here to dine at Andiamo Riverfront, Coach Insignia or Joe Muer Seafood we suggest valet parking near the Detroit Marriott entrance – $5 for lunch (Monday thru Friday) and $10 for dinner. Just make sure to get a validation sticker from your server at the end of your meal.
If you’re here for a visit or to shop, you’ll want to park in the Beaubien Garage. Here’s an insider secret: customers that spend a minimum of $20 on products or services in the GMRENCEN shops will receive two hours free parking by bringing their receipt to the Customer Service Desk located in the Wintergarden. (Excludes purchases made at the Food Court and restaurants).
How do you get to that $20 minimum? We’re glad you asked:
1. This Life is Worth Living Tile from Pewabic Pottery is a Detroit classic and carries a convenient price tag of $26.99. Grab it for yourself, or for a gift (or both). Find it at Pure Detroit on Level 1 of Tower 400.
2. Treat yourself with a French Manicure at Renaissance Salon for $25 or get a men’s wash, cut and style for $25. Located in Tower 400 on Level A.
3. Any CVS purchase is eligible for parking validation – food, toiletries, even prescriptions. Just make sure to hit the $20 mark.
4. Take home a piece from Costa D’Oro Fine Jewelry like the diamond, ruby, sapphire or emerald earrings for $19.99. They’re over on Level 2 of the Millender Center.
5. Avoid ballpark and arena prices with a Detroit Red Wings or Tigers t-shirt for $25.99 from Calumet Market & Spirts on Level 1 of Tower 300.
6. If you’re a member of RenCen Fitness, just show your membership card to the folks at the GMRENCEN Customer Service Desk and they’ll validate your ticket.
7. Suit up at Sam’s Tailor Shop with a tie for $25 or two for $45. Find Sam and his shop in Tower 300 Level 1.
8. Edible Arrangements on Level 2 of Tower 100 has a six-piece chocolate covered fruit box for $20.
9. Henry Ford OptimEyes has “readers” available in a variety of styles and colors for just $20 a pair. Located in Tower 400 Level 1.
10. Stock up on basics with tees at The Runway for $28.50 or choose two for $45.
The GMRENCEN can sometimes seem like a building of mystery to new visitors, but there are a lot of hidden gems to discover. Where are your favorite places to shop in the GMRENCEN?